Open top menu
Friday, August 30, 2013

August 31, 2013 – Jibola Dabo Attempted
Suicide; How The Nollywood Actor Almost
Killed Himself
Veteran Nollywood actor Jibola Dabo in this
recent interview with Christian Agadibe revealed
his past battle with depression that almost ended
his life.
The grey-bearded actor who has over 30 years of
acting experience revealed how he almost killed
himself in his youth days.
Interview excerpt below;
Was there a time you were at the
crossroads and contemplated suicide?
Yeah…I wanted to run in front of a car at a point. I
was homeless; I had nowhere to sleep. There was
no food and I couldn’t steal so I just got tired of
everything so I closed my eyes and tried to jump
in front of a car and the guy who was at the
wheels spat on me and said, ‘oloshi!’
What were you doing during that particular
time?
I was looking for a job. I dropped out of secondary
school because things were not happening so I
said ‘let this thing just go!’At the time I was stuck.
I left my village after I finished secondary school
and came to earn a living but things just weren’t
working out. That was when I took the decision to
end it all. Eventually, things picked up a bit for my
mum and I went back home and finished
secondary school and then I started the second
phase of my suffering. But at that time, I had a
focus; I knew that I was going to be okay.
Did you help your mum in hawking or
anything?
Oh yeah I did a lot of it. I know you probably read
this from the paper or the net. I hawked agidi and
kerosene.
You talked about your late mother, what do
you miss about her?
My mum and I were very close. We talked a lot.
Among all her kids I was the closest to her; I was
the one who always came and sat down with her
and we talked. I miss that.
What was the best advice she gave to you?
She told me I was going to have a lot of women in
my life like my father but she advised me never in
my life should I come close to another man’s wife;
I will not forget that advice.
Jibola Dabo is a polygamist and a popular
Nollywood actor. He turned 69 last month.

Tagged
Different Themes
Written by Lovely

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments